What is it?
WSG's Career Conversion Programme for Hotel Professionals aims to help hotels reskill new and existing workers for redesigned job roles. Under the 3-month programme, hotels can receive up to 90% of salary support for the training duration.
The Career Conversion Programme for Hotel Professionals aims to support progressive hotels to redesign jobs for new hires and existing workers for the post-COVID19 new norm in the following categories:
- Job redesign enabled through technology/digitalisation
Job redesign in identified emerging areas below:
- Digital Marketing and Analysis
- Health, Sanitization and Ventilation
- Revenue Management
- Hybrid Experience Design
- Functional job redesign with wage increment
Who can apply?
All participating companies must fulfil the following criteria:
- Registered or incorporated in Singapore;
- Committed to work with WSG or its appointed partner on the necessary administrative matters related to the programme;
Able to meet one of the criteria:
- Implemented/will implement technology and/or system1 that enables the job redesign into roles identified under the programme whitelist2 and pays a fixed monthly salary3 of at least $1,700 after the completion of programme;
- Implement job redesign into one of the six identified emerging areas, and pays a fixed monthly salary of at least $1,700 after the completion of programme;
- Implement mid to long term functional job redesign4, and pays an increased salary with a fixed monthly salary of at least $1,700 or 5% wage increment, whichever is higher after the completion of programme
- Committed to continuous reskilling and training arrangements.
Candidates eligible for the programme must fulfil the following criteria:
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- Minimally 21 years old;
- Must be offered/in a full-time position related to the job role which the CCP is for, and at least a 12-month employment contract;
- Must not be a shareholder of the company, or its related companies;
- Must not be related to the owner(s) of the company;
- Must not be immediate ex-staff of the company
- Must not be undergoing any programmes funded by WSG concurrently.
For existing employees who are onboard programme:
- Have been hired for at least one year in the company from date of training commencement
- Have not been enrolled for the same programme5 before
For new hires who are onboard programme:
- Must have graduated or completed NS for at least two years prior as of date of training commencement6
- Must not have prior working experience or been in a similar job role in previous employment
- Must be newly hired and able to commence training within the first three months of employment
- Must be offered full-time employment or at least a one-year contract with participating company
How Does It Work?
Salary support for the duration of training (3 months) will be provided to employers at the following rates:
From 1 January 2022 to 31 December 2022
Rank-and-File & PMET
Up to 70% of salary capped at $4,000/month
Up to 90% of salary capped at $6,000/month
Hotels may choose to have 100% OJT or a combination of OJT and classroom training for your training plan.
For hotels opting for technology-enabled whitelisted projects, you may click here for pre-approved OJT templates