What is it?
WSG's Career Conversion Programme for Hotel Professionals aims to help hotels reskill and upskill existing workers for redesigned job roles. Under the 3-month programme, hotels can receive up to 90% of course fee funding and salary support for the training duration.
The Career Conversion Programme for Hotel Professionals will continue to support progressive hotels to redesign jobs for the post-COVID19 new norm.
Aligned to the shift towards contactless experience/interactions and crowd management, supportable job redesign projects are to be enabled by technology implementation.
Who can apply?
All participating companies must fulfil the following criteria:
- Registered or incorporated in Singapore;
- Committed to work with WSG or its appointed partner on the necessary administrative matters related to the programme;
- Implemented/will implement technology and/or system1 that enabled the job redesign into roles in the programme whitelist;
- Able to offer redesigned job roles which (i) can be found in the programme whitelist2; and (ii) pays monthly gross salaries of at least $1,600 after the programme; and
- Commit to reskilling and training arrangements.
Candidates eligible for the programme must fulfil the following criteria:
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- Minimally 21 years old;
- Have been hired for at least one year in the company (i.e. existing employees) and not newly hired after 1 Sep 2020;
- Must not be a shareholder of the company, or its related companies;
- Must not be related to the owner(s) of the company; and
- Must not be undergoing any programmes funded by WSG concurrently.
How Does it Work?
Course fee and salary support for the duration of training (3 months) will be provided to employers at the following rates:
Course Fee Funding
(For Pre-approved External Classroom Courses)
|Standard Rates||Enhanced Rates||Standard Rates||Enhanced Rates3|
|Rank-and-File||Up to 90% of course fees subsidy4||Up to 70% of salary capped at $2,000/month||Up to 90% of salary capped at $3,000/month|
|PMET||Up to 70% of salary capped at $4,000/month||Up to 90% of salary capped at $6,000/month|
Hotels are required to select training courses from the list of pre-approved courses and OJT topics.
Click here for Pre-approved External Classroom Training
Click here for Pre-approved OJT templates