NEWS AND EVENTS
News and Events
Accolades for Singapore Green Hotels
On 14 August 2013, 26 hotels were presented with the Singapore Green Hotel Award 2013 for their green efforts at an award ceremony held at the Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium. This is the highest number of winners recognised since the award was first presented in 2009.
Winners were selected by a judging panel comprising SHA, BCA, NEA and PUB based on their performance in the key areas of waste minimisation, energy and water efficiency.
The Guest-of-Honour for the event was Mr Heng Chee How, Senior Minister of State, Prime Minister’s Office.
In addition to the presentation of the awards, another highlight of the event was the launch of an official logo for the Singapore Green Hotel Award by SHA. Winners will be able to use the logo on their communication materials for the award validity of two years.
Congratulations to the following recipients of the Singapore Green Hotel Award 2013 presented by SHA!
1. Capri by Fraser Changi City, Singapore
2. Concorde Hotel Singapore
3. Conrad Centennial Singapore
4. Crowne Plaza Changi Airport
5. Fairmont Singapore & Swissôtel The Stamford
6. Furama City Centre Singapore
7. Furama RiverFront Singapore
8. Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel Singapore
9. Grand Hyatt Singapore
10. Grand Park City Hall
11. Grand Park Orchard
12. Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium
13. Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre
14. InterContinental Singapore
15. M Hotel Singapore
16. Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay
17. Orchard Hotel Singapore
18. Park Hotel Clarke Quay
19. The Regent Singapore
20. Rendezvous Grand Hotel Singapore
21. The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
22. Royal Plaza on Scotts
23. Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore
24. Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa, Singapore
25. Singapore Marriott Hotel
26. Swissôtel Merchant Court, Singapore
The Singapore Green Hotel Award logo is created based on the combination of a Hotel KeyCard and green leaves. The key card represents the hotel while the green leaves show support for the environment.